Monday, January 24, 2005

A Day of Mourning

What can be said? 1-4 in AFC Title Games at Home. 1 win. 4 losses. I am sad. I've felt this way before (not since the Cleveland Indians lost a heart breaking game 7 vs. Florida in '97). Why can't the Steelers get it done? I think they peeked to soon. Big Ben wasn't ready for the pressure yet. I can only hope that he and the team learn from this and go on to wreak havoc on the NFL next year and the years to come.



Somehow I feel responsible for their loss 41-27, to the evil New England Patriots. With the love of sports comes many stupid superstitions. Like yesterday, I had to wear the same clothes I wore the week before when Pittsburgh squeaked by the Jets. I wore my new Steelers grey t-shirt over a long sleeve t-shirt with jeans and my white Adidas superstars. My wife mocked me and said they lost because I had different boxers and different socks on. Maybe I jinxed them because I taped the game on the VCR. That has proven to be bad luck in the past. Anytime I would tape a game, my team would lose, and thus I would have no desire to watch it again. But this season, I had taped two games, and the Steelers won both of those. Of course, they only lost once... Early on.

Well, my mourning will not last forever. After all, who can stay mad at football? - It's the greatest sport on earth! The Super Bowl should get my emotions running again, even though my team is not playing. Oh well. Only three month's until the NFL Draft. The Steelers will hopefully make it to Super Bowl XL next year!

No comments: