Wednesday, February 02, 2005

today is my birthday.

just thought you should know. by the way, i chipped a tooth last night while eating a salad, of all things, at the Golden Corral. I don't think anyone should have to work on your birthday. I think I would like presents. Somebody give me an iPod. Somebody else could pay off our bills. Regardless, I will probably pick up some CD's because I am obsessed with music. It's my birthday, afterall.

I think my wife and I are going to go see Million Dollar Baby this weekend. I shall post a full review if that happens. (Last year on my birthday we went to see Along Came Polly. That was a waste of money. ) We may also go to Steak N' Shake or Bennegins. By the way, does anybody know what's up with Chi Chi's? That used to be a somewhat fancy restaurant with a long wait. Now they are all closing down. Sorry 'bout their luck, I guess.

I remember when I was 10. I had a birthday party at our new house. Donnie & Mike Carsner and David Hickman and Monte Macecko all came. My mom made a cake. I got some GI Joe's and a walkman cassette player. I was allowed to buy a tape, too. I ordered Police - Synchronicity. It came in the mail and the case was cracked. Later on that year, Donnie spewed chunks of Chicken McNuggeets in the hallway next to the bathroom. I remember playing a lot of ping pong back in those days. We had a table in the basement. Also, we all played baseball out in the back yard. One time my friend Billy ran into the clothesline and almost had a concussion, except he didn't. The guy who lived behind us used to skin deer in his garage. To this day, I remember the stench that would accompany us during our baseball games.

I plan on having a vanilla milkshake later today, 'cuz it's my birthday. Honestly, I am just happy being alive and having a wonderful family and a wonderful child in waiting. There is nothing more rewarding than that. That is the best thing a 31 year old man could ask for. Plus, my wife is hot, too and my 2 year old son is the coolest kid in town.

Memories, music, family and ice cream... not a better thing to have on my birthday.

1 comment:

j andrew taylor said...

You almost made me cry. All you c6mers with kids are making me wanna have one.