Tuesday, July 05, 2005

CYF 2005

so for over 10 years i've been serving on staff for a week long summer camp called CYF. we used to meet up at Lakeside, Ohio (on Lake Erie) but this year we took a giant leap of faith and moved to the Malone College campus in Canton, Ohio.

my role this year was Worship Coordinator.

to be honest, going in to this years camp, i was being puleld in many directions. My wife and i just had a baby a few weeks back, but we had made arrangements for me to spend as much time as i needed over at CYF (about a 15 minuted drive from home) as her mom was visiting to help with the baby. I was able to come home in the afternoons and at night to see my new little one and to help out.

in addition to that, i had been in a rather dry place spiritually. i've had no problem 'feeding' my sheep (i serve as a Youth Pastor) but had not been fed myself in quite some time.

what happened this past week was AMAZING. i've seen the move of the Spirit before. I've seen God move before... but not like this. It was supposed to be a difficult transition. We expected it to be a challenge. God is stronger and wiser, though. Thankfully, we, as a leadership staff, wholly put our trust in Him. God did the rest.

Not one technical glitch.
Not one injury.
Not one instance of conflict amongst the 100 teens in attendance.
Not one instance of a teen sneaking off or a couple messing around.
Heck, not even one instance of a girl (or girls) flaunting their stuff (in other words, the girls all dressed modestly).

i've never seen an event prayed over more. God taught me so much in that. my prayer life has definately ben rejuvinated as a result.

After most camps, you leave on a spiritual high, only to gradually fade... On Friday morning, we challenged the teens to finish strong... to finish the race... to answer the call.

i could go on and on...


basically, i am so thankful that God has given me the awesome privilage of mentoring, teaching and befriending teenagers. i am so glad i answered the call he placed on my heart. i count it an honor to be placed in such a position. but it's all God. When i rely on my strength, i fail. I realized that again this week. But when I (we) rely on God for all things, many things can happen... things that can not be planned or contained.

God is so much bigger than my measly thoughts of what he can do and how he can do it. Praise & glory to the One who sacrificed it all even if for only me.

-tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a testimony Tim. I hope that all the youth and other church members read this.

Our would today needs more people like you and our youth group to stand up for their beliefs and not o be afraid to share the Bible with others in the world they face daily.

I pray that you and the youth continue to share the Love of God with everyone you see daily.

Keep up the good work with the youth of our chruch.