Friday, January 06, 2006

dot.dot.dot

i am really tired right now and need to go to bed but i don't want to leave my music. i created a new playlist on iTunes and i am thouroughly enjoying listening to it. right now a live track from EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY is playing. it is chilling.

i am anxious to start (video) editing again. i have some projects in mind... can't wait to start them. my first step is cleaning up my computer. i need to delete a bunch of stuff... and i keep getting this error message - so eventually i am going to reformat my harddrive.

reformatting your harddrive. haha. that sounds funny.

lately i think Doritos have become my new favorite snack obsession. although the potato chip holds a special place in my heart. as a matter of fact, i seem to love all things potato... chips, fries, baked, mashed. i love rice, too. i guess you could say that i love startch. is that bad?

the ideal meal: 8 oz. steak, medium rare, mashed potatoes and gravy, french fries (to dip in the gravy) a bed of rice with brocolli, rolls with cinnemon butter, a large Pepsi and strawberry cheesecake for desert.

i stole the name of my blog from an onld Dimestore Prophets cd of the same name... i also use the name Fantastic Distraction as the name of my youth groups newsletter.

i've been listening to my iPod on shuffle lately... it would make for a killer radio station. i once had a dream to run my own radio station. oddly enough, i actually had a chance to do so right out of college. my cousin owned a few stations and offered me the opportunity to run one in South Carolina. i wasn't quite ready to take such a big step. it was an AM station. i would have played old country and western music and focused on the community, especially high schol sports.

my birthday is coming up, and as usual, immediately after christmas i begin to think about how i will spend my b-day money.

i've been trying to spend more time in prayer thus far this new year. also, like my wife i have been studying this book 12 Days with Jesus by Tony Jones. so far it is helping me dig deeper... i need this... my faith is in a tough spot right now... things are dead around here...

i found this. it's chilling. give it a listen.

straighten it out, leon. (from FOUND MAGAZINE)

i like random things. soon, i will have a redesign of my blog... it will focus on all things random... maybe. i don't know.

Lost will start airing new episodes next wednesday. my obsession with the show can now be rekindled. expect Lost related posts in the coming weeks.

i don't like to curse. it just seems so juvinile and un-creative. i don't like conformity and dropping an f-bomb just because i have nothing else better to say seems like comformity to a world that somehow embraces the idiotic, like cursing or binging or dressing like a skank or making a lot of noise without really saying anything.

i haven't had a glass of MILK since august of 1992.

i got my drivers liscence on April 5, 1990. the New Kids on teh Block were the IT band in those days. i have an NKOTB comic book. i heard they sold over 40 million records.

some guy on eBay is making $100 bucks a pop selling cotton balls, pine needles and a handful of peanuts. what the heck? between that guy and this guy, there has to be a way for me to make a lot of money doing absolutely nothing. someday...

my rant is done. good nite cleveland. you've been great. be sure to tip your waitresses. i'll call for a cab. you've been great.

5 comments:

Jen said...

someday we will have money. somday timmy. someday.

Jen said...

you stupid security code- it took me three darn trys. Argh!!

Lindsay said...

14 years without a glass of milk?? something against it?? looks like jen better get busy on her steak flipping technique! I think med-rare is 4 mins on each side...but don't quote me on that. the trick to a good tender steak is to let the meat rest and come to room temp before cooking-then rest it again for about 5 mins after cooking so it stays juicy-that you CAN quote me on!

Lindsay said...

first try on the code jen!

Unknown said...

thanks for the steak cooking tip, Lindsay!