Monday, March 17, 2008

Greatest Hits

i've been a fan of the tv show Lost since it premiered on September 22, 2004. i never miss an episode and i've watched every episode again on DVD. this January I re-watched all of Season 3 in preparation for the new season of Lost to begin. Episode 69 in the series was titled "Greatest Hits". Charlie was thinking that he was about to die so he spent some time thinking back about the highlights of his life. He then wrote them down and instructed that they be delivered to Claire.

That got me to thinking... what are my 'greatest hits?' i tried to avoid the cliche like my wedding day and the birth of my children. those days are obvious highlights - that goes without saying... i was trying to think of the kind of obscure things that have been etched in my mind... my greatest hits. i'll list mine below... (i'd encourage you to think of your 'greatest hits', too)

(in no particular order)

  • Seeing George Brett at a Spring Training baseball game as part of Spring Break Road Trip - 1996
  • CYF Camp 1992 - my faith becomes my own
  • Watching the sunset with Jen on a hill near the softball field at Asbury College, Wilmore, KY - Aug. 1998
  • Feeding Micah his first bottle 5 years ago
  • Preaching at CYF in 2006
  • Going to Crestline, Ohio with my Dad - to learn the family history and to see the famous Roundhouse that my grandfather used to work as an Engineer for New York Central.
  • Directing my first big concert video production Ichthus '95 & '96 (Audio Adrenaline and Petra respectively)
There are others - if I would take the time to think... but for now - these are my Greatest Hits. I suppose I could always come up with 'Volume 2' at a later date.

----------------
Now playing: Angels And Airwaves - The Adventure
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

carrotpreacher said...

Hello, great blog, I noticed you had Underworld listed as one of your music favorites which leads me to believe that you like electronica which also leads me to think we have similar musical tastes. If you do, please read my latest post (in fact, read the last few to understand what my blog is about). I'm trying to get this music thing going grassroots style.