Saturday, February 20, 2010

lenten 40: day 4 - there is a light that never goes out


















image 4.

reflection.
So often I stand on the edge of the light, afraid to believe, afraid to act, afraid that this story (the story of Christ) is too good to be true. But then in my better moments, when I listen closely to the story, move closer to the light, my fears seem to evaporate like an early morning mist, and I can believe again. I can believe that God who made all that is became clothed in our human flesh so that we might become clothed in God. I can believe that God claims me as a beloved child. I can believe that all my days are in God's strong and tender hands. I can believe that life is good, beautiful, and eternal. I can believe that not only my days but all days are in God's good and able hands. I can believe, rejoice, and wait trustingly and expectantly for the unfolding of God's promise given so many ways
~Rueben P. Job


scripture.

5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understooda]">[a] it.
~John 1:5

4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright,
for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man.
~Psalm 112:4

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
~Psalm 119:105

final thought.
darkness can never extinguish light - but light will ALWAYS extinguish darkness.

remain in the light.


song.
there is a light that never goes out.
~The Smiths

No comments: