Thursday, March 18, 2010

lenten 40: day 26 - sounds of melodies


















image 26.

lyrics.
We who were called to be Your people
Struggling sinners and thieves
We’re lifted up from the ashes
And out came the song of the redeemed
The song of the redeemed.

scriptures.
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

~Psalm 40:1-3

8 Praise our God, O peoples,
let the sound of his praise be heard;

~Psalm 66:8


thought.
what sort of sound are you making? are you taking credit for things God has done?
is your sound a melody - pleasing to the Lord?
is your song a song of redemption or a song of lament?

honesty is what the Lord desires. Jesus taught the disciples to live transparent lives and to sing songs of praise. (Luke 10:20-22; Luke 19:37; Matthew 5:16)

I woke up this morning, and in the darkness before dawn, i heard the sounds and melodies of praise from the birds in the trees. their songs ushered in the sun as dawn began to break.

it served as a gentle reminder that all living things should sing their praises to the Father of all things for the many gifts and blessings he has bestowed upon us. during this time of lent - we are reminded that the greatest gift to us was the gift of His son, Jesus.

my praising should never cease.

prayer:
i praise you Father for the sacrifice.
i praise you Father for the gift of life.
there is no other who could pay the price.
i praise you Jesus for your sacrifice.

No comments: