Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Donald Miller - A Million Miles... review

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life by Donald Miller


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I cam upon this book at just the right time. I've been fascinated by the idea of 'story' as of late - and A Million Miles and a Thousand Years is about just that: story.

Donald Miller is a good story teller - in person and in word form.

Admittedly, i haven't read Blue Like Jazz - his most notable book - but this book seemed to grab my attention more.

Basically Miller lays out in creative form the need for 'story' in the lives of humans... and if given the chance - how many of us would change our very own story?

If we could all start over and give our lives a 're-write' how would things be different? I was whimsically challenged by this book... if nothing else - to take more risks... to make my story memorable (something you can't do while sitting on the couch).

It was an easy read and i could probably read it again. it's not that anything profound was really shared - lots of movie vs. real life comparisons - but it was gently inspiring.

Miller writes in a conversational tone which i enjoyed.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: