Friday, April 02, 2010

lenten 40: day 39 - finished


















image 39.

thoughts.
Seven things he spoke from the cross. forgiveness. salvation. affection. anguish. suffering. victory. and contentment.
  1. Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34).
  2. Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise (Luke 23:43).
  3. Woman, behold your son: behold your mother (John 19:26-27).
  4. Eli Eli lama sabachthani? ("My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?", Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).
  5. I thirst (John 19:28).
  6. It is finished (John 19:30).
  7. Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke 23:46).


reflection.
In the Gospel of John, chapter 19 verse 30 reads: "When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."

He gave up his spirit. He gave up his spirit. willingly. gave up his life. i think it is important to note that he went to the cross according to the will of God - so that all might be saved. nobody took His life. He gave it up.

we reap the benefits today. today is a good day.

No comments: