Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Review: Sabbath (by Wayne Muller)

Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in Our Busy Lives Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in Our Busy Lives by Wayne Muller


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The book is filled with delicate teaching on the Biblical and Spiritual principle of Sabbath. My understanding of Sabbath has exploded. I knew so little... i appreciated it so little.

Wayne Muller has done a masterful job - through extensive study, the use of personal reflection and stories to give more than an overview of Sabbath. Muller gives everything. There are so many practical examples on how to live out a regular time of Sabbath, including ideas for how to start and how to keep it going.

All in all Wayne Muller does an excellent, extensive job painting a large landscape of a picture of what Sabbath looks like, feels like, smells like, tastes like and sounds like. What a beautifully practical book. I am eager to try many of his suggestions. I can only hope that my strides to rearrange priority will no doubt take shape in my life. I am eager for change. I am excited to slow down. I am also excited to share ‘sabbath’ with others. God commands that we take sabbath. it is the one commandment that is broken with great regularity in the Christian world. I aim to reclaim that aspect of life.

for my blogged notes on the book go here: what-i-learned-and-hope-to-put-into practice after studying Sabbath

View all my reviews >>

No comments: