Tuesday, May 03, 2005

ch-ch-ch-changes

GUESS WHAT? I changed the look of my blog. Hope you like it. Call it the Extreme Home Makeover edition of Fantastic distraction.

Speaking of changes... the other day, I went to change the laundry (as it is my duty as husband to do laundry in our house - especially since my wife is preggo and shouldn't be doing heavy lifting - and if you've been to our house, we procrastinate and let our laundry pile up until it becomes a mountain. I had just changed the clothes from the washer to the dryer. It was a load of whites. Sometimes I thrown it all in together and take my chances, but today, I had separated the colors. So the whites were in the dryer now. When the buzzer went off 30 minutes later, I went to go and fold but to my dismay, the whites had somehow become greens in the dryer, no less.

My 2 year old son, who likes to color and watch Dora the Exlporer and play with Thomas the Tank Engine had put a green crayon in his pocket.


[the evidence]

This lovely crayon melted in the dryer and turned everything green... socks, boxers, shirts, jeans, etc. I panicked and yelled for my wife. Now I've had a history of laundry issues... ruining numerous pairs of clothing including my wife's favorite pair of overalls and the like. So there I was, waiting to take my punishment for what became known as "The Green Crayon incident". Alas, it wasn't my fault. So I immediately put the blame on my 2 year old and made him scrub all of the clothes by hand. Just kidding. of course.

So thankfully, the illustrious green crayon (or "cran-on" as Micah calls it) was a washable crayon, thanks to grandma, who got 'em for Micah at Easter. After a few washes, all the green was gone.

Funny, though, green chunks of crayon were melted onto the innards of ye old dryer. Did I mention that it's not fun sticking your head in a dryer scrubbing green crayon off? (If I had a cat, I'd like to put it in the dryer... for research purposes, of course.)

Even funnier was the fact that my wife was nervous about placing anything white in the dryer for fear that excess green crayon chunks may have remained, so she let the clothes air dry on the clothes rack. The next morning, I found brown lines from the wooden clothes rack on five of her shirts. I laughed. Thankfully, stain stick got that out, and alas after yet another wash, no green or brown remained.

for my wife's account of this story, click HERE.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are are lucky that the crayon came out ;)