Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Weekend @ Bernies (minus Bernie)

the weekend was days ago... in fact, the new weekend is fast approaching. but before it comes, let me tell you about my weekend, last weekend, the middle weekend of October.

My wife was out of town Friday night. I had the house to myself. I relaxed. Ate some left over Spaghetti and watched a movie. the movie of choice: MIRACLE. watching this movie with surround sound was spectacular. I felt like i was in Lake Placid for that monumental game against Russia. I didn't have high expectations for this movie, but was pleasantly surprised. I'd give it ***1/2 out of ****.

Next, I watched Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO. i love to hate Bill. But he keeps me ammused and the mindless political bantering was numbing. Yet I continued to watch. By the way, Alanis Morrissette was a drone. She was one of his guests and she did not add anything to the conversation. I wasn't impressed (which should come as no surprise since she was a Canadian talking American politics.)

On Saturday, I went through and sorted out some tunes on my real player. i ended up making a mix CD trilogy (all good mix cd's come in threes). I titled the set Random Musings. I also burned some Sigur Ros live tracks to CD.

Other than that, I watched the Buckeyes lose big time, I cleaned up the house & then bought my wife a Sweetest Day gift (out of guilt because she told me that she had bought me something.) Can I just say that I hate Hallmark holidays? But I did enjoy finding a specal gift for my special lady.

right now, I am rambling. The new weekend is upon us. let their be rejoicing in all the land.

No comments: