Tuesday, November 16, 2004

wonders and (dollar) signs

I've often pondered this question: if only we could get out of debt, what would it be like? What would it be like to have money? What would it be like to own our own home?

It's not like we are majorly in debt. But I can't stand not being in control of every dollar made. I was always the kind of person who had every bill paid for on the spot. And I always had enough money in the bank to cover anything that might come up. Things slowly changed before getting married four years ago. I'm O.K. with the hand I've been dealt, but I still can't help but wonder.

I don't gamble and don't play the the lottery but I often wonder what it would be like to come into the possession of money. I am not proud of this. I don't covet, but just want to have enough to provide for my family. We could do so much better with our budget and we are trying, but things cost money. Doctors bills, grocery bills, etc. It doesn't stop and it piles up.

So, I'll continue to wonder but I'll also do all that I can not to let it go to far. I guess the first step is to stick to a budget and begin to save, save, save.

word.




No comments: