Tuesday, March 29, 2011

(lent) 23










23.


the number on Michael Jordan's jersey for the betterment of his career, the most popular basketball number of all time.


as in, The Number 23, a 2007 movie starring Jim Carrey and directed by Joel Schumacher. It was Carrey's first thriller and has a 61% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The movie deals with the 23 enigma which refers to the belief that most incidents and events are directly connected to the number 23, some modification of the number 23, or a number related to the number 23.


number of times Julius Caesar was stabbed.


According to the Blink 182 song 'What's My Age Again' "nobody likes you when you're 23".


chapter in the book of Psalms which is the most quoted, most memorized.

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


23 (Shepherd): a video vignette you can watch [click here]

are you satisfied? what compels you? how do the trials of life affect your faith?
the Good Shepherd, Jesus, satisfies all of our needs. When we are satisfied, we are compelled to tell others. may we strive to follow Christ's life, modeled for us...
in John 21, Jesus commands Peter to 'feed his sheep'. Broken, defeated Peter (who had denied Jesus 3 times on the night of his arrest and crucifixion) embraces the second chance - setting in to motion a monumental change in his life.

Are you ready for that second chance? feeding sheep is the 1st step.
[watch 'Sheep']

No comments: