Wednesday, March 23, 2011

(lent) 28










28.



Days Later. a British zombie-horror film directed by Danny Boyle in which a deadly toxin infects the mass public. the destruction of London follows as those infected become rabid savages.


means 'power' or 'energy'. according to ancient Hebrew numerology.

verse in Psalm chapeter 68 which says 'Summon your power, God ; show us your strength, our God, as you have done before.'

The number of letters in the Danish, Swedish and Arabic alphabets.

the number of dominoes in a domino set.


verse in Matthew 11 where Jesus gives hope to the tired and burned out. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (NIV).
The Message translation of that same verse reads "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

i'm tired a lot. Let's face it, life in the church can be tiresome. life in general is tiresome. maybe we're so tired and work out and utterly exhausted because we have yet to learn the unforced rhythms of grace. have we fully grabbed a hold of that?

Jesus says to us "I will not lay anything heavy on you." That's a promise i'll gladly cling too.

may we learn to live freely and lightly as we keep company with Christ.

2 comments:

troy. said...

maybe we're so tired and work out and utterly exhausted because we have yet to learn the unforced rhythms of grace. have we fully grabbed a hold of that?

i have not.
and i don't think such a life has ever been truly demonstrated to me either, at least in a local sense.
i've seen glimpses here and there, but i guess not enough to spark action of my own.
but i'm thinking the answer lies in relationship w/ Jesus (not a book, house church, shared housing community, mega church, or a conference). and I mean that in all sincerity.

Unknown said...

i've seen glimpses here and there, but i guess not enough to spark action of my own.
but i'm thinking the answer lies in relationship w/ Jesus (not a book, house church, shared housing community, mega church, or a conference). and I mean that in all sincerity.

man i needed to hear that.
what if we stripped away all the excess stuff?
there are so many books out there - and don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good ones - but at the end of the day that book is not Jesus.

we could say the same thing about church. but at the end of the day it seems to make me more tired.

what if i just spent more time with Jesus? what if i trusted the Spirit to shower me with unforced grace?