Monday, November 28, 2005

orange vests, rainbows, dirty windows & an irish band

i was driving today. all the way to Cambridge. orange vests were plentiful. deer were scattered here and there. some dead along the highway, others frolicking in the fields of grain not knowing that their impending doom was about to come at a really bad time for them. as i drove a little known irish band called U2 filled my ears with plentyful bliss. Where the Streets Have No Name had new meaning as i recently read in an interview with Bono that the song was written in the mid 80's, pre Joshua Tree during a trip to Africa.

along the way home, my tired eyes were kept adrift upon a sea of dirt upon my windshield. the afternoon sun gave way to drops of rain. a rainbow capped off the drive home. its width was magnificent.

i had no great revelations while driving. i often do when driving alone. but i did have a sore neck.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am sure you thought of me though- right :)