Wednesday, November 09, 2005

delight.
















PSALM 30 (niv)
PSALM 30 (the message)

PSALM 30
[interpreted by Tim Beck]

It’s all you, big God.
I’m no longer a lowly mess
and you prevented my adversaries from gloating.

Lord, Caring God, I needed you to fix me up.
I asked. You fixed.

Lord, you pulled me out of my watery grave
and spared me from going under.

Now all you Saints, do what’s right,
Shout to the Lord and Praise Him - show Him Genuine affection.

His anger last only for a short while, but his favor lasts a lifetime.
The night may bring weeping, but morning brings laughter.

When things were great, I had abounding confidence.
“Nothing can faze me” I shouted.

Lord, you showered me with favor - made me your favorite.
You made me king of an island mountain
but then you looked away and I fell into the deep.

I called out for help, Lord.
“Mercy, Give me mercy!”

“What gain is there in my demise,
I’m going under, to be silenced forever.
If I can’t speak, what of me will praise you?
Will my bones proclaim your goodness & faithfulness?

Hear me. Save me.
Show your kindness and help me up and out.”

And there you have it. You came through in the clutch.
My sorrow has morphed into a freedom dance.
My dirty, soggy clothes have been ripped away.
Now I’m decked out to the T - in a garment of praise and joy.

I am bursting at the seams, overcome with uncontainable delight.
I can’t be silent about the goodness of my God.

Lord, I can’t thank you enough.



No comments: